Warning! You may be confused by hearing conflicting information about scamming, hacking and safety on Stardoll. Here are the quick facts.
For 99% of users: if you obey these rules you will be safe.
1. Don't give your password to anyone. This is very important. NEVER give your password to anyone.
2. Make you password impossible to guess. Make sure to use a combination of letters, numbers and special characters.
3. Make sure you can get email from Stardoll. If you do not have an email address, set up a free email address at gmail and use it.
4. Don't change your email to any other address than your own. Your account will be stolen if you do.
5. If you buy anything with codes, credit cards, etc, save the email receipt. If you get hacked, you will need it.
6. Don't go to outside sites while logged into Stardoll. If you must go to any other site, log out and clear your cookies before you go.
7. Make sure it says http://www.stardoll.com in the address bar before you log in. If it does not, it is a fake site, do not try to log in!
8. If you are on an outside site and something starts to say it is scanning your drive for viruses, turn your computer off immediately!
Many girls get tricked into breaking these rules. Watch out. Do not trust anyone with your personal information.
If your internet access is insecure or you use public computers to access Stardoll, you may have problems. Clear your cookies every time you log out of Stardoll and you will be safer.
It is okay to accept or deny friends. You cannot be hacked by using this feature on the site. You cannot get a virus or a trojan horse from any of the pages or features on Stardoll. I don't know where this rumor started but it is a great example of how misinformation spreads and leads to superstitious behavior.
There is a problem with accepting friends, but that is because there are some people on this website that are not who they pretend to be. There are predators, liars and thieves everywhere. Be careful. Please join my club advice4newbies for more details and to learn more about how to protect yourself.